GlobalSTL, an initiative of BioSTL, aims to recruit high-growth international companies to set up U.S. headquarters in St. Louis. We focus on companies that match well with St. Louis’ strengths in ag and plant science, medical and human health, cyber security, financial technology, and food and nutrition.
We are not creating anything new in the St. Louis ecosystem, only leveraging our collective strengths to educate, recruit and connect companies to the region that will further enhance our corporations, universities and startups.
We do the following:
(1) identify innovative international companies (startups or more mature) that we believe could benefit from the assets in St. Louis’ ecosystem – corporate partners, research collaborators, investors, talent;
(2) educate the company about St. Louis’ strengths (focusing on the value-add of very specific assets for a given prospect) to pique their interest;
(3) perform initial diligence on the prospect to assure its quality, reputation, and prospects for future growth;
(4) facilitate relationships with decision-makers in St. Louis’ corporations, hospital systems, universities, investors – this includes helping to raise capital, shape pilots, and enable joint R&D and business development opportunities;
(5) when the company is ready to seriously consider a St. Louis location, we introduce them (confidentially) to the Missouri Partnership, which is the official liaison responsible for accessing Missouri state incentives;
(6) helping them to navigate the selection of a physical location, we introduce them to St. Louis innovation districts and facilities (e.g., Cortex, BRDG, Helix Center, CIC, T-Rex), core facilities (access to labs, greenhouses, etc.), or other relevant real estate connections;
(7) assist with talent needs, including introductions to human resource professionals and industry-specific talent recruiters;
(8) introductions to other relevant local service providers (legal, accounting, etc.) as requested;
(9) organize with local partners the welcome into the St. Louis community to help with the transition of staff and their families
(10) continue indefinitely to seek ways to support the company’s success, and encourage deep business and personal roots, to strengthen the long-term relationship with St. Louis.